- Gadgets on mobile are optional. This means that if you add a new gadget to your blog, it won’t appear on mobile automatically. (This way the mobile version doesn’t get cluttered with unnecessary elements.)
- To make your gadget appear on mobile, you will have to add a small piece of code.
- On Blogger, go to Theme > Edit HTML.
- At the top of the page, you will see a “Jump to Widget” dropdown menu. Click the widget you want to appear on mobile. (hint: the widgets are listed in this dropdown in the same order that they appear on your blog sidebar!)
- Your cursor will go directly to the line of code you need to edit. It will start with
- On this line of code, type mobile=’yes’ right before the > at the end.
- Your widget should now appear on mobile!
- Decide where you want the “read more” button to appear. Put your cursor there.
- Click the “Insert jump break” icon.
- A grey dashed line will appear in your post editor. This is where the post will be cut off on the home page and the read more will appear.
- To get a direct link, you need to upload your image to an image hosting website. We recommend TinyPic and that’s what this tutorial will use.
- Go to TinyPic.com and create an account/log in.
- Go to the “Upload” tab and upload your hello image file.
- After it has been uploaded, TinyPic will give you multiple links to choose from. Copy the “Direct Link for Layouts” link.
- Paste this link into the provided hello image code (be sure to place it *in between* the quotes, don’t delete them!)
Your hello image code should look like this:
(The width and height numbers in the code provided to you are already filled in according to the size of the image for your template.)
- Make sure that there are quotation marks everywhere there should be.
- Make sure that all of the quotation marks are STRAIGHT quotes (as in the above code), not curvy quotes. Some text editors may convert them into curvy quotes, and curvy quotes will break the code.