This tutorial will show you how to edit the hello image file included with your premade blog template purchase. Editing this file requires Photoshop. If you don’t have Photoshop, you can easily create your own hello image with a free service such as GIMP or Canva, or contact us about editing it for you.
- From the zip file provided to you at purchase, open the “hello image template.psd” file in Photoshop.
- There will be two layers in this file. From the layers panel, double click the one that says “DOUBLE CLICK HERE”. It will open a new window.
- Go to File > Open and open the photo you want to use.
- Click Command + A, then Command + C to select and copy the photo. (CTRL instead of Command for PC).
- Navigate back to the tab with the image placeholder. Paste the photo here (Command + V). Hit Command + T to resize the image to fit, holding down Shift to keep the proportions locked. (CTRL instead of Command for PC).
- **This step will explain how to crop your photo into a circle. If you’d prefer a square or rectangular photo, simply SKIP to step 7.** Hold down the Rectangular Marquee tool to access the Elliptical Marquee tool. Holding down shift to lock proportions and create a true circle, create a circle marquee. It should be as close to the size of the layer as possible. You can move the marquee to center it. Once the marquee is in place, go to Select > Inverse. Hit the Delete/Backspace key and your photo should now be a circle.
- Go to File > Save. Navigate back to the “hello image template.psd” file tab. You should see that the placeholder image is gone and your photo is there now.
- Go to File > Save to save the PSD for future editing.
- Go to File > Save As and save as a PNG. You will upload the PNG to your blog sidebar.